Sunday, January 13, 2013

In The End

Since I've been at home, in my room, sick for the past two days, I've had a lot of time for thinking.

Well I guess I wouldn't necessarily say a lot (thanks to Gossip Girl) but quite a bit.

As I looked back over the years, I realized something.

The friends I lost taught me so much. They taught me how to loose someone's trust. They taught me how to stretch the truth just enough to get by. They taught me how to sacrifice others' well being for my own benefit. They taught me how to loose myself.

However, I also learned a lot from the friends who have stuck with me. I learned to serve. I learned how to be kind. I learned that no matter what a true friend is the one that will always be there for you.

I learned how to be a true friend. I learned to focus on others needs rather than my own. I also learned that personal appearance may not be the most important thing in the world. However, inner appearance very well may be.

Because in the end, it's not about how many followers you have on instagram or twitter. Or how many subscribers you have on youtube.

It's not about how many parties you can get invited to in one night, or how many hearts you can twist.

In the end, it's about how many lives you made better, how many tears you dried, and how many times you were honest when it would have been so much easier to lie.

In the end it won't matter if you have a billion fake friends. All that will matter is if you were a true friend to someone else.


xoxo

  -Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment