Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pure perfection

I would like to share a little moment I had today.

I was feeling really low. I just really was feeling down on myself and honestly feeling like a failure in every way possible. But then I got on twitter (not like that's out if the ordinary) and I saw an amazing tweet posted by an amazing girl.

 "Think to yourself that god may be looking down on you and saying, 'What do you mean you don't love yourself? I worked so hard on you.'"

That hit home. I may or may not have literally started crying. Because we are constantly surrounded by a world telling us what we should look like, act like, dress like, and even laugh like! We are raised being told that we are good enough, but being taught by the world that we are not.

So many people say, "oh but in the end, none of that matters."

But what about the in beginning?? What about all the hard work god put into every single one of us?

Perfection is possible and very real. We were all made to perfection, each persons' perfection is just different.

The purest perfection, however, is found in truly learning to love yourself and others. None of this fake a smile until you make everyone believe it's real. No. Pure perfection and beauty is in accepting, loving, an enjoying who you are. Is it one of the hardest things to do? Definitely. But it's so worth it.

xoxo

  -Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment